There are over 250 million Dalits spread throughout India. Their need and their numbers are massive. Please keep in mind the breadth of the need as you pray. Ask the Lord to reveal to you His heart for these massively oppressed people.
Pray for the Dalits
- that the good news of Jesus Christ would reach the Dalits and the Lord would open their eyes to His love for them.
- that the Lord would enable the message and demonstration of Christ’s love to reach all the Dalits throughout the different corners of India, especially in areas that are now unreached.
- for Dalits who want to ‘become Christians’ but have not yet fully grasped the gospel, that they would truly experience God’s love.
Pray for the Church
- that it would respond and know how to respond to the pleas of the Dalits in a way that truly helps them both spiritually and with massive temporal needs.
- for the church in the west to understand how they can help the Dalits and the church in India, and that they would respond strongly with their prayers, finances, and humble serving.
- for those working amongst the Dalits, for steadfastness, love and eternal impact.
- for Dalit Christians and Christian workers as they face persecution from groups that misunderstand their faith and their desire to help the Dalits.
Pray for Dalit Leaders
- that they would truly seek what’s best for their people and make decisions that will truly improve the situation for Dalits, both in the short-term and long-term.
- for patience as they wait for the church to respond.
- that they would understand how Christianity can help their people escape caste and find the true freedom that only Christ can give.
Pray for Massive needs
- that the efforts to help the Dalits would truly break the oppression of caste in their lives, both their internal oppression and the discrimination they face.
- for the church to have wisdom on how to help the massive poverty at a root level rather than just treating the symptoms.
- for the massive illiteracy problem; that Dalits, especially women, would learn to read.
- that the millions of children in bonded labour would be set free.
Pray for Gospel for Asia initiatives
- for the leaders of GFA’s partners as they labour to meet the massive need, for wisdom, especially how to use limited resources to respond to so many opportunities to help.
- that Bridge of Hope programmes helping Dalit children would be effective in raising a generation with true freedom in Christ.
- for GFA workers who deal with the massive poverty that Dalits are in to hear God’s leading on who has the greatest need for this kind of help.
- for GFA’s attempts to combat the problems of illiteracy and for their literacy outreaches.