Is God calling you to give your life to missions?
"Lord, what do you want me to do with this life you've given me?"
Millions of people in Asia are still waiting to hear the message of hope and forgiveness in Christ for the first time. National missionaries are faithfully ministering among these people, sharing the news of God's grace and mercy, but they need a team of "senders" to stand behind them and equip them for ministry.
By serving behind the scenes at GFA's U.K. office or any other support-country office, GFA staff members link "sending" brothers and sisters in their own country with the workers in Asia. Together, they enable national missionaries to minister to those who haven't heard about Christ.
Each staff member has heard the Lord's call to work behind the scenes, ministering to both national missionaries in Asia and the Body of Christ worldwide. Our service is more than a job—it's a ministry.
Watch a special message from Founder and Director – K.P. Yohannan.
"The Lord impressed upon my heart that there is a real need for people to stand in the gap for the most unreached, and that He was leading me back to GFA World to serve in the UK office…How wonderful to think of the people who will be in heaven because of national missionaries sharing Christ's love, and what a blessing to have a part in that!"
What do we do?
We serve in many different roles
GFA's U.K. office plays a vital role in bringing the transforming grace of Jesus to people in Asia. We raise awareness about the needs on the mission field, process donations, garner financial and prayer support for ministry in Asia, and report to donors about what God is doing through the ministry.
Here are some of the roles we serve in:
- Broadcast media communications
- Computer networking
- Direct mail/marketing
- Facility maintenance
- Graphic design
- Human resources
- Print-room operation
- Shipping and fulfilment
- Video pre/post-production
- Web development
"Being part of GFA World is such a great privilege. Knowing every day,
every minute, every key stroke, is making a difference for God's eternal kingdom
fills me with tremendous joy and gratitude. There is such purpose to life, and there is no other place I would rather be."
Our families are involved, too.
Spouses and children also have the opportunity to serve in different ways. They join in prayer meetings and some even volunteer in the office. Spouses and children are just as much a part of the GFA team as those who serve in the office.
The GFA community is a great place for each family member to grow spiritually while also playing a vital role in touching this generation with Christ's love.
Each staff member must:
- Be a believer in Jesus Christ who adheres to
GFA World's Statement of Faith.
- Have had consistent growth in godliness and spiritual maturity in their Christian walk over at least the past three years.
- Have a passion to share Christ with those who don't know Him.
- Have a right to work in the U.K.
- Have good English communication skills.
- Be humble in spirit and willing to serve where most needed.
- If you are married, your spouse must share the same calling, as you will apply to serve together (to the extent possible given family responsibilities).
We raise our own support so we can use more funds for ministry projects.
Staff members develop and maintain teams of supporters who will contribute toward GFA's home team staff needs. GFA provides training, materials and a mentor to walk alongside each new staff member through the support-raising process.
Having staff support teams offsets GFA's personnel expenses, and as a result, enables us to utilize more resources to support the work in Asia and to voice the message of the ministry. Another major benefit of having support teams is the prayer support they provide, especially during seasons of difficulty.
Support levels are adequate to live modestly in the Manchester area and are determined by need and family size.
"In 2006 I heard a GFA speaker talk about the unreached villages of Asia. I suddenly understood how desperate so many people on the other side of the world are and how my privileged existence was only available for an elite few. I joined staff a few years later, ready to give up everything. I arrived expecting nothing but harsh treatment in the face of such an urgent reality, but instead was relieved to find a community of grace, love and patience. I found a small family within the Church. . . focused on reaching Asia with the Good News."
— John Paul
High-priority Staff Needs
We are especially in need of people who have skill sets in the areas below. If you sense God's call on your life to join GFA's staff, meet the minimum staff requirements and have one of the skills listed below, send us your resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com for immediate consideration. Otherwise, please follow the steps listed below.
Network and database administration
- Ideally would know Microsoft SqlServer database system
- Experience with operational database management
- Experience with transactional web API's
RHEL, Ubuntu) System Administration
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL, SQL, Nginx. Git and Agile Methodologies are recommended
Print room operation
Graphic Design and IT
If you believe the Lord may be calling you to a radical commitment to help reach men and women in Asia for Christ, here are the first few steps you should take:
- Learn more about GFA World. Our website is filled with free downloadable materials to better acquaint you with our mission and vision.
- If you haven't read K.P. Yohannan's book Revolution in World Missions, make sure to order your free copy as soon as possible. Another book that will help you understand GFA's culture is Touching Godliness.
- It is generally wise to seek counsel from those in spiritual authority over you, such as your pastor and others. Ask them if they see the Lord's calling on you for this kind of full-time ministry.
- Set apart some time to fast and pray for God's wisdom and direction.
- Let GFA know about your interest in joining. Fill out a preliminary application form.