How Sponsorship Works
- It takes up to £300 per month on average for one national missionary to be fully supported through GFA World.
- By pledging £25 per month to GFA’s National Missionary Programme, you would be partnering with these missionaries and impacting Asia together with them.
- You will receive a photo and the personal information of a missionary you can pray for, for every £25 pledge you make.
- As a sponsor of national missions, you are asked to pray regularly for your missionary. Your prayers are vital for the success of their work on the field.
- You will receive updates that will keep you informed about the region your missionary is serving in. These regional updates will show you the ministries taking place and how lives are being touched and villages are being transformed.
If and when we are notified that your missionary no longer needs support from GFA’s National Missionary Programme, we will send you the photo and testimony of a different missionary who is in need of support.
Sponsor a missionary
Can I write to my national missionary?
Because of security reasons and the enormous overhead it would create, we are unable to allow direct correspondence with your national missionaries. Many may have little or no knowledge of English, and GFA does not have sufficient staff to translate thousands of personal letters. Most importantly, direct communication could severely hinder their work among the non-Christian communities and place their lives in danger.
How will I receive news from my missionary?
It is our sincere desire to keep you updated on what is happening on the field. You will receive regional updates from the region that your missionary is serving in. Also, we publish a weekly email digest that includes stories and videos from the field.
Can I send my missionary a special gift?
In the spirit of unity and equality, we have a policy that does not allow for special gifts to be sent directly to a missionary. The leaders where your missionary serves make sure all the national workers have the resources they need to live and serve in their particular area of ministry. Your support of national missions helps make that possible.
What does my £25 pledge provide?
While it takes up to £300 to fully support one national worker, your £25 pledge is one part of the programme that helps provide for our brothers’ and sisters’ ministry needs as well as living and family expenses.
Your prayers will make a significant difference in your missionary’s life. It’s through your prayers that your missionary will see breakthroughs in his or her ministry; it’s through your prayers that people in the areas where he or she serves will come to realise the love of Christ; it’s through your prayers that your missionary will be sustained and able to press on when hardships arise.
We'll be glad to assist you. Call us at 0161 946 9484.
Sponsor a missionary
GFA World conducts our ministry with the highest standards of financial accountability in managing the funds entrusted to us by God's people. This has been our practice from the beginning.
We are registered with the Fundraising Regulators.
Please visit www.gfauk.org/about/financial-integrity/ for more about our financial accountability.