Our Commitment to You
We are dedicated to being good stewards of the gifts you entrust to our care. We make sure they have the greatest impact possible in Jesus’ name. GFA World (U.K.) is a UK registered charity and limited company and is externally audited every year! We also file our accounts with the Charity Commission and Companies House.
Our mission partners in Asia are trustworthy, reliable, and strategically placed to transform communities in Asia through Christ’s love. All this is to ensure that your financial gifts truly make a difference in the lives and eternities of the poorest and most afflicted peoples on the planet.
Some highlights of how your donations helped the women and families of Asia in 2018:
families were helped through Christmas gifts.
women received free health care training to equip them to take care of their families.
women learned how to read and write.
women received vocational training.
GFA World is committed to honouring God. In addition, we’re committed to honouring your generosity by investing the maximum amount possible into programs that benefit people in spiritual and physical need throughout the world in Jesus’ name. Currently, an assessed amount of each donation is used to help cover administrative expenses. GFA also retains discretion to use gifted funds in any manner that serves the charity’s goals. This is regardless of any particular designation, but we do so with integrity and transparency every step of the way! Because of our commitment to financial integrity, we have an ongoing process of internal review. We actively work to update our internal systems and procedures to meet the very best practices for Christian charities.
In summary, we won’t ever take your money to buy chocolate muffins for our office’s daily prayer meetings.
Some highlights of how your donations helped the people of Asia in 2018:
mosquito nets were distributed
blankets were given away
medical camps were conducted in remote or needy communities
communities needing clean water had a Jesus Well installed
BioSand water filters were given to families and individuals
toilets were installed in needy communities
Our Best Practices (The Nitty Gritty):
- We along with the members of our staff, subscribe to a written statement of faith upholding the historic biblical Christian doctrine. Faith in Christ, according to the Bible, is the goal of all our financial policies and practices.
- We subject ourselves to annual and independent financial audits in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. GFA contracts with an auditing firm that is well equipped to assist the ministry in navigating the increasingly complex demands presented by the varying international environments within which we operate.
- Our guiding Scripture for all our fundraising efforts is 2 Corinthians 8:5, “They gave themselves first to the Lord, and then to us by the will of God” (NKJV). We believe that people should respond to us according to God’s leading in their life; therefore, we don’t believe in pressuring and manipulating people to give to the Lord’s work!
- We issue acknowledgements for all gifts unless otherwise instructed.
- We respect the privacy of our ministry partners. We therefore, do not sell or rent their information to any third-party entities. We go to great lengths to keep secure the names and addresses of all our friends.
- We have an agreement with our field partners that allows GFA to efficiently deploy resources and communicate clearly regarding the use of all resources.
We strive to ensure that all our work is accomplished according to standards that are above reproach.
Our Donation Policy
GFA World (U.K.) supports many field projects carried out by our mission partners in Asia. We’re dedicated to transforming communities throughout Asia through God’s love. We do this by helping poor and needy children through GFA World’s Child Sponsorship programme, providing Jesus Wells, ministering to destitute women, distributing God’s Word, supporting national workers, empowering thousands of families to break the cycle of poverty through our “Christmas Gift Catalogue” projects and many, many other ways.
We are very committed to honouring your gift preferences. However, your contribution should be made with the understanding that GFA World has the right to choose where and when your gift is spent so as to allow us the flexibility to deploy resources that adapt to any changing needs and circumstances. As is the custom of most non-profits, please note a small percentage of all donations may be deducted to handle administrative services required to support the ministry (but not chocolate muffins, as previously mentioned).
If needed, our mission partners may use a portion of your gift for a similar ministry project or to cover their overheads in administering ministry projects in Asia.
GFA World (U.K.) retains Gift Aid (including on donations meant for field projects) and “Where Most Needed” donations. This is to cover our costs in the UK office. We use this money to monitor the use of funds on the field, share what’s happening in Asia with the church here in the UK. We also use it to mobilise financial and prayer support for Gospel ministry in Asia. For more information click here. Finally, our very own GFA World (U.K.) staff raise their own support to minimise the drain on the general fund, which we think is pretty amazing.
All gifts to GFA World are subject to the Gift Acceptance Policy. Learn more about this policy as it relates to:
- Gifts toward GFA’s National Missionary Programme
- Gifts toward GFA’s Child Sponsorship Programme
- All other donations
*Contributions are made with the understanding that GFA World retains discretion to use donated funds in any manner that serves the charity’s objectives, regardless of any particular designation.