Financial Integrity & GFA World
Our Commitment to You
We are dedicated to good stewardship of the gifts you entrust to us, making sure they have the greatest impact possible in Christ’s name. GFA World is a UK registered charity and limited company, and is externally audited every year. We file our accounts with the Charity Commission and Companies House. Our mission partners in Asia are trustworthy, reliable, and strategically placed to transform whole communities in Asia through Christ’s love. All this is to ensure that your financial sacrifice truly makes a difference in the lives and eternities of the poorest and most afflicted peoples on the planet.
Some highlights of how your donations helped the people of Asia in 2018:
- 241,732 families were helped through Christmas gifts.
- 290,753 women received free health care training to equip them to take care of their families.
- 61,880 women learned how to read and write.
- Over 11,000 women received vocational training.
- 360,000 mosquito nets were distributed.
- Over 250,000 blankets were given away.
- 1,132 medical camps were conducted in remote or needy communities.
- 4,712 communities needing clean water had a Jesus Well installed.
- 11,451 BioSand water filters were given to families and individuals.
- 6,431 toilets were installed in needy communities.
GFA is committed to honouring the Lord and your generosity by investing the maximum amount possible into programs that benefit people in spiritual and physical need throughout the world in Christ’s name. Currently, an assessed portion of each donation is used to help cover administrative expenses.
GFA retains discretion to use donated funds in any manner that serves the charity’s objectives, regardless of any particular designation, but we do so knowing your donation is a sacred trust that requires careful stewardship.
Because of our commitment to financial integrity, we have an ongoing process of internal review. We actively work to update our internal systems and procedures to meet best practices for Christian charities.
Some of our best practices include the following:
- We, and the members of our staff, subscribe to a written statement of faith upholding the historic biblical Christian doctrine. Faith in Christ, according to the Bible, is the objective of our financial policies and practices.
- We subject ourselves to annual and independent financial audits in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. GFA contracts with an auditing firm that is well equipped to assist the ministry in navigating the increasingly complex demands presented by the varying international environments within which we operate.
- Our guiding Scripture for all our fundraising efforts is 2 Corinthians 8:5, "They gave themselves first to the Lord, and then to us by the will of God" (NKJV). We believe that people should respond to us according to God’s leading in their life; therefore, we reject pressuring and manipulating people to give to the Lord's work.
- We issue acknowledgements for all gifts unless otherwise instructed.
- We respect the privacy of our ministry partners, and therefore, do not sell or rent their information to any third-party entities. We go to great lengths to keep secure the names and addresses of all our friends.
- We have an agreement with our field partners that allows GFA to efficiently deploy resources and communicate clearly regarding the use of all resources.
We strive to ensure that all our work is accomplished according to standards that are above reproach.
Our Donation Policy
GFA World supports a variety of field projects carried out by our mission partners in Asia, and is dedicated to transforming communities throughout Asia with the love of Christ in word and in deed. We do this by helping poor and needy children through GFA World's Bridge of Hope programme, providing Jesus Wells, ministering to destitute women, distributing God's Word, supporting national workers, empowering thousands of families to break the cycle of poverty through our "Christmas Gift Catalogue" projects and many, many other ways.
We are commited to honouring your gift preferences; however, your contribution must be made with the understanding that GFA World has the right to choose where and when your gift is spent so as to allow us the flexibility to deploy resources in order to adapt to changing needs and circumstances. Accordingly, as is the custom of most non-profits, please note a small percentage of all donations may be deducted to handle administrative services required to support the ministry.
If needed, our mission partners may use a portion of your gift for a similar ministry project or to cover their overheads in administering ministry projects in Asia.
GFA World UK retains Gift Aid (including on donations preferenced for field projects) and “Where Most Needed” donations to cover our costs in the UK. We use this money to monitor the use of funds on the field, encourage Christians in the UK to be mission-minded, and mobilise financial and prayer support for Gospel ministry in Asia. For more information click here.
GFA World staff raise their own support to minimise the drain on the general fund.
All gifts to GFA World are subject to the Gift Acceptance Policy. Learn more about this policy as it relates to:
*Contributions are made with the understanding that GFA World retains discretion to use donated funds in any manner that serves the charity’s objectives, regardless of any particular designation.